We could not have imagined a more perfect honeymoon.The best part about staying at Serrana villa is that you have all the luxuries of home, an incredible view and you are in the best location to truly explore St. Lucia .
First of all, we would like to thank Janus for an incredible stay! We could not have imagined a more perfect honeymoon. If you seriously need anything during your stay (from detergent to this pen we needed to write with) Janus is here in under 5 minutes. The best part about staying at Serrana villa is that you have all the luxuries of home, an incredible view and you are in the best location to truly explore St. Lucia .
First and foremost, do not be intimidated by the roads, especially the steep climb to get to the villa. Once you get to think and drive like a St. Lucian, you will be fine! So, seat back and relax as you read our recap.
- Arrived in St. Lucia around 2:30pm.
- Picked up car rental and was escorted to local grocery store.
- Conversion rate for EC to USD varies anywhere between $2.50- $2.70 to $1.
- Arrived at Serrana Villa met Janus and received a quick tour
- Petit Peak for dinner
- On the waterfront by Pier, nice view but pricey for average food.
- Realized we had no coffee, so headed to Erolines in town: pretty had same selection as the store in Vieux Fort but definitely smaller.
- Spent the day at Anse Mamin: We felt that the public side to Anse Chastanet was small and crowded so we walked to Anse Mamin, secluded beautiful beach, Jungle bar really has the best burgers(ate here twice), $11 USD per chair cheapest rate we found & worth it if spending the majority of your day here.
- Humming Bird Restaurant for dinner: great view and has a public beach which Is accessible as well, fair prices and excellent food, staff very attentive and helpful.
- Tet Paul Nature Trail: Beautiful views, easy walk/ hike & free.
- Fond Doux Plantation:
. AMAZING!! I was absolutely blown away because we literally had no idea what we were in for.
. Toured the working Cacao plantation & see the whole process from start to finish (also coco dance)
. We also were able to sample different vegetation throughout the plantation, including cinnamon, bread & cheese, flour and fresh almonds.
. Paid $40 USD per person and it came with a light snack, the light snack is seriously no joke, it includes a complimentary drink, sandwiches, fried eggs, fish cakes, bacon wrapped plantain, mango and watermelon. Absolutely worth it!
. Also bought a bunch of chocolate from the gift shop that was reasonably priced.
- Diamond Falls& Botanical Gardens:
. $7USD per private bath ($6USD for public) along with a guided tour.
. Beautiful & the waterfall is totally worth seeing
. Private mineral bath was also very worth it and was a very unique experience.
. Back to Anse Chastanet / Anse Mamin for sunset, had the entire beach to ourselves
Ruby’s for dinner:
. Pizza was excellent & so was the service, also ordered a plate of onion rings that were nice and crispy.
. Nice affordable place to go for dinner
- Hiked Gros Piton!!
. On the right side of the road a couple minutes past Tet Paul, tucked away on a little side road.
. Definitely difficult, but do able (took 4hrs round-trip), please note that we are 2 fit 24 year old, we have done lots of tough hikes before but this one is more of a climb.
. Rocks are mossy and slick so definitely wear good shoes.
. We bought 3L of water each which was more than enough.
. View at the top was absolutely worth all the sweating!
. Going down is very slick and harder.
- Sugar Beach :
. Made an appointment at the Rainforest Spa, so we were able to catch a shuttle down for free.
. Beach was very nice, resort employees were welcoming as well.
. Public side of the beach is right by the entrance of the beach- you’ll pass water spot rental equipment at the entrance to the left.
. Awesome view of the two pitons!
. Rainforest Spa
. Couples massage that was out of this world, like holy shit you guys (10/10)
. Arrive 3o minutes before appointment to enjoy a complimentary steam (also very cool)
. A splurge, but totally worth every minute ( $165 USD PP)
. WOW!! Just wow, the most amazing dining experience of our lives.
.Make reservations well in advance & try to reserve a time around sunset.
. Four course dinner with several surprises throughout.
. $95 USD PP
. Spent another day at Anse Mamin ate at Jungle beach bar again.
. Ruby’s for dinner again
. Obviously a very lazy day
DAY 7 :
Morne Coubaril Estate:
. Walking tour of the plantation.
. Similar to Fond Doux but different enough to make it worth while
. Tour guides are amazing
. Sampled lots of fresh fruit and coconuts
. Pinky and Murphy were awesome guides and made sure we had fun!
. Has an 8-course track with some incredible views of the plantation & petit piton.
. Creole Lunch Buffet: wasn’t the most amazing food, but good flavor & even better price ($ 15)
. Tour, zip lining and buffet all together was $100 USD per person, but totally worth it.
Boucan for dessert
. Pricey, so just went for dessert and it was great!
. Beautiful views & breezy deck to sit on.
Sulphur Springs/ Mud Bath
. Decided to just do the bath based on the reviews of the tour in the book.
. $5.50 USD pp mud bath.
. Definitely touristy, but we had fun painting each other with mud.
. Found a nice worker who took tans of pictures.
. Don’t forget towels and a change of clothes.
. We washed everything as soon as we got home and there were no left-over stains or smell from the Sulphur.
Dasheen for Dinner
. Located in Ladera’s resort (across from boucan)
. Our second favorite meal/ dining experience (Jade Mountain is the 1st of course)
. Delicious food and even better views of sunset
AND THAT’S OUR TRIP! Here are a few tips…
1. Roads can be scary at first but after a few days of driving you’ll get the hang of it!
2. Most grocery stores have prices listed in EC & most restaurant menus will tell you if it’s EC or USD. Everywhere accepts USD.
3. Everywhere in Soufriere is very friendly! People will wave to you or honk to say hello. The only time we encountered people asking money was whenever we were at the waterfront for dinner. Politely say no thank you & go about your business.
4. Piton Beer is a must. Better than Bud weiser & that’s coming from a couple St. Louisans.
Once Again, we thank you Janus for the best honeymoon! We’ll be back someday!
Love, Adam & Danielle Beckendor ( St.Louis,MO)
WEATHER IN SAINT LUCIA
While most places in the world have four well-defined seasons, its proximity to the equator means that this is not really the case for the island of St. Lucia.
Other Property Journals
Best Things to Do in St. Lucia According to Our Guests and Locals