After an incredible wedding, we flew to St. Lucia to unwind and enjoy 8 nights of fun, romance, and relaxation. Enjoy Serrana Villa! It’s the best place to come home to after a long day.
Shane & Maddy’s Honeymoon ♥
After an incredible wedding, we flew to St. Lucia to unwind and enjoy 8 nights of fun, romance, and relaxation. We could not have picked a better place for all of these aspects. Thank you Janus for your hospitality and kindness Serrana Villa exceeded our expectations.
1. Dinner and drinks at Jade Mountain.
We were hesitant to do this one because the price is pretty steep $95 USD PP, drinks not included and also because of some reviews/opinions in this book but honestly, the views here are the best in St. Lucia. We had to make reservations waaayyy in advance and were able to get in on Sunday at 6:15. We got there at 5:30 for cocktails and to catch the sunset. We were brought to the highest point and seriously, the views were amazing. Just do it!
2. Mystic Man Sunset Cruise
Another activity we were hesitant about doing because we weren’t sure if it would be worth it. It obviously was! For $60 USD PP you get a cruise from 4pm until sunset with complimentary rum punch (delicious) and beer, a champagne toast at sunset and a few appetizers (not much). It’s only offered Tuesdays and Fridays. The boat wasn’t crowded at all, maybe because it’s the off season? The rum punch is the best!
3. Tet Paul Nature Trail
Clearly we are all about the views. This trail is an easy short “hike” that offers some unbelievable views of the Pitons from higher up. We can’t remember the exact price (possibly like $14 USD PP) but we know it was totally worth it. They give you a guide too who’s willing to be your photographer along the way.
4. Spa at Ladera
Couples massage were on our list. We wanted them in a beautiful setting. After looking online a lot we decided on Ladera because we figured it would be convenient to eat dinner there afterwards. We were so lucky because it’s the off season. They offered to do our massage in one of the resort rooms with a balcony view looking out at the Pitons. The sounds of the pool/fountain running in the room was so relaxing. It was perfect. Worth the $300 USD total (the standard price for a couples massage around here.)
Other things we did:
• Sulphur Springs Mud bath – cool experience but crowded and smelly (of course).
• Botanical gardens and diamond falls – pretty nice views we decided to walk there (not bad) and we passed on a tour guide(we’re not tour people).
• Rodney Bay mall and casino – the first day there it rained all day so we took our rental car up to Castries/ Rodney Bay area. The malls are nothing special. Shane won $300 USD at the casino so if you want a rainy day activity that’s one we’d recommend.
• Sugar Beach was expensive so we opted for Anse Mamin. It was much more private. To save $ we brought extra towels to lay on and passed on the chair rentals. We also brought our own beers and food instead of paying $28 for a burger,
• Stock up on food and drinks from the grocery store in town. If you like coronas, try a Piton Beer!
• Bring umbrellas with you. You never know when it will rain. There are umbrellas here.
Enjoy Serrana Villa! It’s the best place to come home to after a long day. Thank you Janus for an amazing stay!
♥ Maddy and Shane
Comments are closed.
WEATHER IN SAINT LUCIA
While most places in the world have four well-defined seasons, its proximity to the equator means that this is not really the case for the island of St. Lucia.
Best Things to Do in St. Lucia According to Our Guests and Locals