Our stay at Sargas was an UNREAL experience, so much so that when I first looked it, my husband thought it was a SCAM.
Our stay at Sargas was an unreal experience, so much so that when I first looked it, my husband thought it was a scam. 5 minutes after meeting Janus and seeing this extraordinary villa, he believed!
Janus and his team ensured that we had the best possible experience. The amenities, the views, the service, the accommodation, the friendly faces, the privacy, the location and the convenience and price- all unparalleled.
It would be impossible to find a better place to stay in St. Lucia, even when compared to the most expensive resorts. It’s take a novel to document everything we loved but here are few highlights
1. Gros Piton & Pitit Piton: don’t let people scare you away from doing Pitit. It’s a worthy climb that is challenging but totally doable as long as your fit and active- by far the best view in St. Lucia! 360 degrees panorama! AMAZING!
2. Sulphur Spring and Volcano: go extra early and do the Mud baths first to avoid the big tours and have the place to yourself. Light mud goes on first.
3. En Bas saut Trail – beautiful, secluded waterfall, that you’re likely to have all to yourself . It’s the biggest in St. Lucia and you go on a beautiful rainforest hike to get there. May even see the St. Lucia’s National Parrot!
4. Anse Chastanet reef- snorkeling in marine reserve to left of dive shop is amazing. We also dived it. Would highly recommend you consider discovering scuba if you’re not certified for an up close encounter with the marina line
5. Sugar Beach : We got lucky and made it to the public side of the beach without the resort staff trying to get us to pay, buy drinks from the local fruit by the reef. Snorkel is great, but if you have to choose, anse chastanet is better.
6. Piton Falls- great secluded mineral falls, perfect stop after a steep climb.
7. Sargas – make sure you enjoy at least one day at the villa. We loved making our own cocktails and reading by the pool looking out at the best view in the town, and cuddling up to watch Netflix after a long day was the perfect way to end the night
1. Chef Ramsey : once in a lifetime experience, incredible flavors and great portions. We enjoyed his company. Unforgettable experience (we had the creole fish (made with fresh tuna)
2. Ben’s Favorite. Home style creole cooking for the best prices in town. Also in walking distance.
3. Valelse: get the dried piton beer roti. You wont be sorry. Also funky money cocktail is awesome. Also walking distance.
4. Pitit Peak: down by beach on left. Try the Saltfish appetizers. Good prices
5. Boucan – great as a special night out. Romantic seating with great view. Complementary courses and use of cocoa in menu make this a real dinning experience.
6. Martha’s Tables: neat local spot near pitons.
7. Mango Tree: good but not worth the price for the Thursday Caribbean night (partyl because entertainment get interrupted during the rain )
Wishing you every blessing and success!
WEATHER IN SAINT LUCIA
While most places in the world have four well-defined seasons, its proximity to the equator means that this is not really the case for the island of St. Lucia.
Best Things to Do in St. Lucia According to Our Guests and Locals