Janus, thank you so much for creating this wonderful escape. Staying at Sargas was definitely the best idea; After spending four days at Sandals Grande up North, we were ready for a bit more normalcy.
Jen & Dan From New Jersey
St. Lucia is such a beautiful island. We are so glad we came here to rest, relax, and start our marriage.
Staying at Sargas was definitely the best idea. After spending four days at Sandals Grande up North, we were ready for a bit more normalcy. (our own kitchen, car, etc).
Janus did a wonderful job with this villa. Each morning we could not get over the magnificent view we had.
We loved being able to stay in town and get to experience this island and its people and culture in away we would not have at a resort. Everyone we met was very nice and helpful.
Although we only had three full days here, we made the most of it:
Day 1 (Sat.)
Climbed the Gros Piton (Go in the AM before too many tour groups get there + it gets too hot!)
We are active outdoors at home too so this was right up our alley.
Some Notes: There is no parking lot. The guides will be down there to tell you where to go then take you to reception to pay ($50 pp US), then you can use the restroom before heading up! We loved our guide. We hiked and were at each marker/rest point + before we knew it because we so enjoyed chatting with him. He was from the village the hike starts from and was so proud of his community and island. We asked tons of question and got great tips and real perspective of growing up in St. Lucia.
- Sugar Beach (located at the viceroy villa resort in between the pitons).
- Some notes – we paid the $25 pp to park which we used for a lunch at their restaurant.
- Lunch was ok, but a little fancier than what we really wanted (should have stepped at Martha’s Tables on the way in for some creole 😊
- We didn’t pay for chairs – (50 pp) there is a complimentary section for public use to the right when you walk in w/chairs to use.
- We forgot snorkeling gear in the car but heard its great there.
Day 2 (Sun)
- Volcano + Mineral Baths
- Volcano was okay but was not quite what we expected! (Was also very smelly).
- Mineral/Mud Baths were fun. Unfortunately we were later than planned so ran into tons of tourist groups. Thankfully they were in + out while we took our time.
- Note: leave the mud on the hill it turns white. Don’t rinse off. Let it stay on your skin for a while after you leave. (So soft!)
- Relaxing at the Villa!
- Make a frozen drink, threw on some tunes, take a dip, read a book – relax 😊
- Seafood Trio. Ramsey cooked us the best meal we had the whole vacation 😊
- Botanical Garden
- Notes: you can walk, do it 😊 Garden was beautiful and we always have to learn about new flowers.
- Snorkeling @ Anse Chastanet – My husband loves to snorkel + said it was really good. Real Corel, defined area, school of fish + great water clarity.
- We took advice from others in this book and walked over to Anse Mamin. Great Decision. Had the beach practically to ourselves the rest of the day.
Janus, thank you so much for creating this wonderful escape. We loved our stay here and hope to come back soon.
Jen & Dan
Comments are closed.