We really enjoyed our stay in Soufriere – The Apartment is very clean and comfortable, and Janus and his team are very welcoming and helpful. We can’t really add to much and the great tips in here but here are the few additional bits of information:
1. Water Taxi to Anse Chastanet – we asked someone at the main jetty who called a local - his brother Rudy came with the boat. We paid E.C $100.00 for the return trip. It was worth it. The Beaches are beautiful. Especially Anse Mamin.
2. Malgretoute: it’s on the road to Sugar Beach. Lovely quiet beach, great snorkeling no facilities.
3. Enbas Saut Trail: This is a lovely rainforest walk leading down to a waterfall, where you can bathe.
You really need a 4wd for the trail stretch of the road. We paid E.C$25 per person to walk the trail. We didn’t have a guide. Keep an eye out for the crabs!
Ruth & Steve, London, UK
Our stay overall was very enjoyable. Nice clean apartment. Janus and Fabian were great! Very helpful, when we needed a jump (our car died) and requested to stay an hour longer to get packed up and out.
Our list of what we did and rated on a scale of 1-10:
1. Botanical Gardens -10 – free, beautiful
2. Diamond waterfall -8 - Cool but $7 to see a waterfall ☹
3. Tet Paul Nature Trail -8 -Nice walk, definitely not a hike $10
4. Anse Chastanet -9 – Great snorkeling, small beach, non-residents. Welcomed
5. Anse Mamin – 7 – nice quiet beach, clear, calm water
6. Pitit Piton -9.5 – My husband said it was strenuous 😊 $$$$
7. Pigeon National Park- 9 -fun hike, beautiful view from top, small beach
8. Sugar Beach – 9 – Awesome beach, but you have to hit up a restaurant to get a ride back up ☹
9. Marigot Bay – 6 – quick picture spot
10. Morne Plantation – 8 – fun informative $11
11. Castries Market – 5 -Meh. A lot of the same merchandise
St. Lucia Overall – 8 😊
Mr. & Mrs. Sidwell
WEATHER IN SAINT LUCIA
While most places in the world have four well-defined seasons, its proximity to the equator means that this is not really the case for the island of St. Lucia.