Our trip here to St. Lucia has been like a slice of heaven. We are here for our Honeymoon and have many wonderful memories to take home with us.
Our trip here to St. Lucia has been like a slice of heaven. We are here for our Honeymoon and have many wonderful memories to take home with us. Some of our favorite activities were hiking to a private beach adjacent to Anse Mamin. Hiking Gros Piton and taking a cruise to Marigot Bay (call monica at Crystals to co-ordinate to her guest for a great rate).
By Far our favorite restaurant was Fedos’. Just down the hill from here. It’s great local place, delicious food and very affordable. We also very enjoyed find the 3 for 10 EC Piton at several Bars along the waterfront. We spent almost every evening, here on our patio watching the amazing Sunset. We also took the local bus to Castries one day. Quite an experience.
We walked almost everywhere and it was very doable.
Chris & Jenny
Enjoyed our stay very much!
1. Anse Chastanet/Mamin – great snorkeling on sunny say with clear water, second time, big waves stirred up water so cloudy but some places still okay.
2. Hotel Chocolat/ Boucan Restaurant- great food, lovely setting. $$$$. Folks without car may have to pay U.S $20.00 each way for taxi (the official rate).
3. Fedo’s – open 9 or 10 to 5:00pm, Closed Sundays & Sometimes Mondays, have lunch there or order to go. Fish Bergur and chicken Roti, both good & in expensive, see google for location.
4. Fond Doux Plantation – we were the only people on the 12pm tour so it was excellent. The snacks was a good deal since the snacks (egg, fruit, melted cheese on bread, small portions of fried fish, carrot/celery sticks) made a great lunch.
5. Tet Paul Nature Trail- nice view, about 45 minutes with guide (mandatory) but couldn’t really go at slower pace, and look at what interest us because group of 4, other couple went first.
Few notes for folks w/out cars:
We walked to center in about 30 minutes, taking road to the right (towards the town). There is a short cut after the soccer field & in ventured school buildings, you will see people coming and going. With uphill maybe 45-40 minutes back.
(At the intersection, just before the playing field, on the north side of the street that merges at small grocery/beverage shop + bakery next door (6:00am-9:00pm)
Biggest Supermarket is Eroline (on google map) near church in town center, also another bakery on east side of the street near church. We picked up fish burgers in bakery for lunch several days. We didn’t know how to tell taxi driver how to get to Sapphire 3 so got dropped off at end of soccer field (our choice) So asked Janus what address/directions to give the driver.
Also really enjoyed cooking most of our meals – trying new to us foods and mixing with locals in grocery store (most friendly and helpful). The kitchen had the basic equipment, so with a little creativity , could do most of what I wanted to do. Thanks for opportunity to ‘’live’’ as well as visit sites in Soufriere
Veta & Mark
Our first night here we walked down to Pier 28 for Food & Drinks- daiquiris are amazing! Our next day was spent hiking the Piton. Highly recommended but is a tough hike.
Day 2 we went zip lining with tree top adventures. Absolutely a must-do tour. 12 zip lines with amazing view and the staff is absolutely, helpful and accommodating. Our guide took one of our phones and took pictures and videos of us on the zip lines.
We also stopped at la-tille Waterfall on the way back. Very cute spot (and cheap, 10 EC each) With pretty waterfall and a pond you can stick your feet in and get a pedicure form the fishes
Sugar Beach is another must see.
About a 10minute drive from here and it free to take a shuttle down to the beach. Amazing snorkeling and views. You have to buy at least one drink to get a shuttle back to your car… save your receipt.
Mango Tree Restaurant is a great dinner spot go before Sun set to take in the views and watch the sun set over the ocean.
Zoe & Patrick
WEATHER IN SAINT LUCIA
While most places in the world have four well-defined seasons, its proximity to the equator means that this is not really the case for the island of St. Lucia.
Tips, and Insights about the best things to do, places to go, people/things to avoid.