Most beautiful topography that even if you do nothing you still feel like you’re in Sapphire! Janus is a wonderful host, anything you need don’t hesitate to ask.
Maggie and I had an amazing stay here at Sapphire! We are two college kids from St. Louis, Missouri, USA, so everything was a budget for us. Janus helped us stay within our means while here, so shout out to him! (also, we had no car)
Okay we had Jermal (he’s our fav) pick us up in Castries and basically had a tour guide for the ride down. We stopped at the grocery store and picked us all the goods we needed (Massy is where you go). Jermal hooked us up with the coconut candy so we snagged 3 for $10 EC before arriving to Sapphire. We did not eat out often because Maggie is a phenomenal cook, but we do have some suggestions!
- Petit Peak- over on the coast, more toward the mountain, 25 mins walk. We had a few cocktails which came around $36 US. The staff were nice and friendly, and we loved watching the boats coming in and out.
- Humming Bird- We stopped in after a day with Chester. Peter was our Bartender, he was lovely! This place was a little more pricey, but the drinks and food was exquisite! We ended up getting another round, so four drinks plus two lunch meals for roughly $75 US + TIP. Meal was large so we took left overs.
- Ti Tak- small little café, sweet bartenders, incredible drinks. Food was good to the menu is small, 2 drinks and 2 sandwiches. $31 US + Tip.
Keep in mind Mags and I walked pretty much everywhere!
- [ Scuba with Chester] Amazing experience. Mags was already certified, so I figured I’d get my certification while I was here. Chester is a wonderful human, great energy and extremely knowledgeable of the reefs. I seat here now, open water certified and it’s all thanks to him. $65 US a dive, price drops if you take more. I suggest at least doing two. The reefs are gorgeous, Chester will also teach you about them. Action Adventure Sports by Humming Bird Resort.
- [ Toraille Waterfall] 23- 30-minute walk from the apartment. It’s like 47 US for a dip in the waterfall. It’s just cool + picturesque
- [ Diamond Gardens] 20-25 minutes’ walk. Flowers are out of the world!! The garden is set up nicely and they teach you a lot about the garden and beauty within. Theirs a beautiful Sulphur waterfall!
- [Sugar Beach] We read a lot about it so we figured we’d check it out! We paid $50 US pp which sounds ridiculous but that’s a credit toward food and drinks (which are both out of this world) Didn’t sit by the beach in the fancy chairs by the beach because apparently, they charge $50 US FOR A DAMN CHAIR!! Wil. You do have access to their infinity pool as well, it's gorgeous for it seats at the base of petit piton. Recommend it for the day.
- [Gros Piton] Beautiful, adventurous and strenuous. Mags and I are 23, so this wasn’t the most wild thing we’ve climbed, but with the added heat, it’s not easy! Be prepared for a 2 hour climb up and 2 hour climb down. Bring all the water and snacks needed (lots of water). You can do it if you put your mind to it it’s a great climb! Highly recommend.
P.S. Do this one before hoping on Petit Piton which is more difficult.
Most beautiful topography that even if you do nothing you still feel like you’re in Sapphire! Janus is a wonderful host, anything you need don’t hesitate to ask. Scuba dive with Chester you won’t be disappointed.
Climb Gros Piton if you are able to ( it's not easy bring lots of water). Go to Massy for your groceries (Bounty rum is the local rum). Buy coconuts, eat the mangoes. Get a cocktail at Ti Tak.
Locals are very kind, don’t be afraid to ask for help! Stay on the left side of the road, and lastly leave free. Cheers!
Maggie + Taylor
WEATHER IN SAINT LUCIA
While most places in the world have four well-defined seasons, its proximity to the equator means that this is not really the case for the island of St. Lucia.
Tips, and Insights about the best things to do, places to go, people/things to avoid