We came with 2 adults and 3 kids and we all has an absolute blast staying at ‘Bocean Villa’ for the 5 days we were there.
We came with 2 adults and 3 kids and we all has an absolute blast staying at ‘Bocean Villa’ for the 5 days we were there. Marcus was a gracious host and very welcoming to us; he was always just a call away! Thank you Marcus for your hospitality and lending us your beautiful home for a few days. The people around the village are truly nice and helpful if you ever have any questions about directions or recommendations.
The list below are the places we went to and our reviews on them:
- The Beacon: Amazing! So good we went there twice! Staff is very nice and food is delicious and represents the authenticity of their local cuisine! Buffet style! 10/10
- Slappers: Fresh and tasty food. They have burgers, sandwiches, rotis (local cuisine), and a buffet which you choose your options.
- Adeline’s Café: Very good food that is delivered either straight to your door or you can walk right across the street to dine at her house. Cooks with organic ingredients and makes anything you might want and puts her own flare on it! You must notify her ahead of time if you want her to make anything; so good, we ate from her twice! She is very nice and a precious woman.
- Purity Bakery: Next to church in Soufriere, really tasty pastries and coffee that is perfect for a light morning breakfast. I recommend the coconut filled pastries. Yummy!
- Chateau Mygo: In Marigot Bay! Hopped right there after our boat ride in Marigot Bay. Tasty and different food, nice refreshing meal after long day in Sun.
- Tysha Shack: Our dinner on the first day and it was ok. Only burgers, a wrap and chicken. Wasn’t the best food but only option in Canaries. Wouldn’t recommend!
- Petit Peak: Decent food. Local food was great but if you want American food, it was ok. Very, very pricey.
- Brian’s: Bread and general store in Canaries. Nice fresh bread in the mornings.
- Gilian Boat Tours: Reasonable price and flexible hours. Took us snorkelling 3 places and spent around 2 hours at Sugar Beach. Departed from Marigot Bay, travelled all the way to Soufriere on boat, total of 4-5 hours.
- Castries Central Market: 15 minutes from Marigot Bay, city life. Nice arts and crafts and has busy and large Massy Grocery store.
- Sulphur Springs: A must! Very relaxing and cheap admission ($5); nice experience that you can only get in St. Lucia. *Recommend going there as soon as it opens to get max photo ops and space since it gets very crowded later on.
- Morne Coubaril Ziplining: average ziplines, good for beginners and small children. Pricey for what you experience but for us it was worth it because our 6 year old could go on it!
- Tet Paul Nature Trail: Decent trail that give you good photo opportunities between the 2 Pitons. Takes only 35- 45 minutes.
- Marcus’ Private Beach: track starts along the road, ask Marcus for more details! Place is steep and rocky in some places, a good 20- 30 minutes walk on dirt road. Beach is nice and peaceful after a long walk.
- Not much grocery stores and restaurants in Canaries, so be sure t get supplies and other when stopping in Soufriere.
- Restaurants have weird timings and most places close early, so keep that in mind.
One again thank you, Marcus for giving us a spectacular home. We had an amazing few days in the beautiful island of St. Lucia.
-The D’ Souza