The Secret Beach (Anse Jambette) it has sea glass, decent snorkelling and beautiful sunsets; adorable hermit crabs; don’t let the rough road deter you, take it slow and you’ll be fine.
Mom from Virginia (Deborah)
Daughter from California (Ariel)
Son and daughter from Tennessee (Neil and Kristian)
• The Secret Beach (Anse Jambette) it has sea glass, decent snorkelling and beautiful sunsets; adorable hermit crabs; don’t let the rough road deter you, take it slow and you’ll be fine.
• Ruby’s pizza- amazing pizza! Best rum punch too. Made by Tonya.
• Ti Kaye- great snorkelling! Rough road as well, worth it; very relaxing and beautiful; free admission after 3pm.
• Mud bath at drive-in volcano- probably very crowded, but only $5us/person, just to say you did it.
• Tet Paul-easy trail with a lot of steps and spectacular view of both Pitons; charge is a bit steep, especially if you don’t want a guide (we didn’t)
• Anse Chastnet Beach- chairs in shade are $11/chair, but great beach and snorkelling; pricey but delicious restaurant nearby, with drinks you can take back to the beach.
• Massy store in Cul-De-Sac- stock up in food supplies for cooking and breakfast here at the villa.
• Dive Fair Helen, out of Marigot Beach- US$5 to park, then grab the free red boat ferry ‘Liquid Sunshine’ across to the dive shop at the resort; boat ride likely will not start on time; two drops, a great lunch on the boat and you can see the villa and private beach from the boat!
• Roadside diners- seriously, stop and have dinner at least in one of those so you can experience local grub and a lively game of cards or dominos.
• Kendall- he is amazing! Hilarious and a sweetheart.
We aren’t crazy about:
• Horseback riding through Island Rortes at Sandals Grande; avoid at all costs. Ask Kendall for the right place to go.
• Reduit Beach (pronounced red-we)- said to be the most favoured beach on the island but is very basic.
Marcus, thank you for a lovely stay. I personally will be back with my boyfriend and friends in the future!
(Deborah, Neil and Krystal)