First of all, we’d like to reiterate a HUGE thank you to Janus for this incredible Villa. We could rave but countless guest before has handled that.
1). If you leave exterior light on (or interior for that matter) there will be little dead bugs in the morning. No biggie for us, just swept off the front porch!
2). No food left out, ants, ants, ants…
3). No dirty dishes! If you’re lazy one evening just put them in the fridge 😊
1). You need pristine bills if using USD! No rips, crinkles or discoloration is accepted.
2). Be firm if you don’t have any $ to ‘’donate’’ to locals. We were completely comfortable our entire stay and enjoyed interacting w/ the community but still necessary to remember!
4). You’ll get offered a water taxi trip daily, if you want to take them up negotiate your price (U.S $60)
Beaches (basically 3 in area)
1). Sugar Beach: more people, no waves, beautiful and best for water sports.
2). Anse Chastanet: Calmer than Sugar Beach but to be honest but we always pass it by bc it is next to Anse Mamin.
3). Anse Mamin: THE BEST for privacy! Significantly less people, no pressure to do activities. Get the burger for lunch. It’s pricey (U.S $25) but it’s the best on Island for sure!
N.B -try the ‘’Big Mable’’ at Sugar Beach it is such an adrenaline rush!
1. Fedos: everyone has already said it – delicious local food!
2. Martha’s Table: My husband I loves it here! Decent priced lunch with very pleasant service. Plus,it was sooo… good!
3. Ruby’s : so we went for Pizza and after we sat and ordered drinks we were told there was no Pizza. Customer service wise I wish we were informed prior to ordering drinks. Calamari was delicious (small portion) and shrimp rasta pasta is amazing. Holding a slight grudge over pizza though.
4. Fish Fry: happens every Friday two town over, walk to end of the street (waterfront) and there is a stand with crabs, lobster, mussels, shrimp. Etc. etc. Very tasty.
5. Zaka’s: This is my (the wife) favorite place. Get the coffee… just do it! Also the soursop milkshake is to die for. Breakfast is good to (EC $30) Just make sure to call ahead bc it’s a tiny café in an art shop.
6. Boucan: We went on our last night here and its very good. We planned on Jade Mountain but they had no openings. (book way ahead of time for dinner) despite that service was lovely and the crème brulee is to die for. 2 drinks, an appetizer, 2 entrees and desert was only U.S$125. Much cheaper than Jade Mountain would have been.
All in all, we had an amazing time. There is plenty to do for adrenaline junkies (we ziplined, did water sports, hiking, ATV and all the natural wonders) Almost forgot go to the mud baths after 7 pm. Soaking in springs while watching the stars will catch your life.
Best honeymoon ever! We will be back!
Tianna & Darius
Other Property Journals