We’re had a wonderful time staying at Sapphire 3, the apartment is a perfect base for exploring. We did not have a car but it wasn’t a big deal, we did lots of walking and Fabian and Janus and the other drivers were all great for short trips by car. So easy to organize, we could go wherever we wanted.
Walk into town unit isn’t too far, maybe 15 minutes. The first time we went we rode the route to the left, but after that we actually preferred going right at the apartment, seemed much more perfect.
The first 2 days we were here there was a carnival in town. Absolutely fantastic! Such great atmosphere, everyone just having fun!
• Hummingbird Beach- quite simple to walk to, usually quite quiet. Good snorkeling, lots of eels and octopus.
• Anse Chastanet- We got a water taxi ($60 US) stopped by to look at the bat cave- very cool. We spent the day there, great snorkeling area. On the left of the beach is where you get snorkeling gears for $11 US- definitely recommend! We ate at the resort restaurant/ restaurant/ bar on the beach, expensive but great food! Everyone here was very welcoming even though we were not staying at the resort. We think all sun beds are for those who stayed at the resort so we just sat on towels on the sand, but not much shade as the day goes on.
• Volcano + Sulphur Springs Mud Bath – Organized taxi with Fabian. Really interesting tour of volcano, then onto mud baths, good fun but make sure you go early. We set of at 10am and that’s when buses of people arrived.
• Tet Paul Nature Trail – We picked this tour instead of hiking the pitons, it is cheaper and much more easy to walk, took about 30 minutes and only $7 USD. Guide was good, very knowledgeable about the local plants. Fantastic view even though it was a bit cloudy. We went there at 8:30 am and were the only ones there.
• Botanical Gardens – we walked from here, took about 30 minutes. Bit steep but not too hard. $17.50 EC per person. We didn’t have a guide so we had a nice stroll at our own pace. Lovely plants lots of little lizards and birds. Glad we went.
• Petit Peak – lovely view, good local food and not too expensive.
• Pier 28- went on the evening of carnival, so it was quite busy plus not much choices but service was good and staff were friendly plus not too expensive.
• Fedos – We had to check it out since everyone was raving about it . It’s a lovely place, mixture of tourists and locals. Really cheap and food was really good! Do recommend checking it out. Only open for lunch and breakfast though.
We also did a bit of cooking here. There’s a good supermarket near the church in town to get supplies.
Overall a great stay! Everyone is so friendly, say hello to everyone!
Definitely recommend staying at the Sapphire apartments, just makes your stay so easy!
Thank you, Janus, + Fabian+ all the other drivers for making our stay enjoyable!
Love from, Carys + Daniel
From London, England
Tips, and Insights about the best things to do, places to go, people/things to avoid.